Friday, February 23, 2007

Balloon steals wedding ring

A Scarborough man lost his wedding ring - after he tied it to his son's helium balloon and it floated away.

Calum McFadyen, 35, tied the gold ring to the string of four-year-old Henry's balloon to see if he could weigh it down.

But as he watched television in the front room he heard Henry open the front door and wave goodbye to the Thomas the Tank Engine balloon as it floated off with the ring still attached.

Mr McFadyen, 35, a housing support officer, said: "The ring has not been off my hand in years - I was just messing about with the kids. I guess it could be in France now!

"My wife wasn't too impressed and told me it was a stupid thing to do. I tend to agree!

"I've been getting a ribbing from the people at work but I deserve it. Now I just want the ring back."

Wife Vicky, 36, said: "This could only happen to my husband, he's one of those people!"

No comments: